Saturday 5 April 2014

60's Water Marble And Lace Design

Hi There

I was just messing about with my polishes and a few grabbed my eye so I would do a water marble. I then thought wouldn't it be nice to stamp over the marble and decided to make it look like lacey material as I love to make my own clothes.

The polishes and plate I used are

The polishes are Nails Inc in Notting Hill Carnival (yellow), Wellington Square (orange) and Sloane Avenue (pink). The plate is Konad M57.

So I covered my finger in masking tape not including my nail, this makes the clean up easier.
I created a marble design in my plastic cup by alternating the 3 colours yellow then orange then pink. I made a pattern using a cocktail stick (you can use this or an orange stick would do. I then dipped my finger in the water placing my nail over the polish and used a cotton bud to remove the rest of the polish. It looked like this


I apologise for the short nails they have only just grown back after I broke 2 really low down (ouch). I have being using my helpful fake finger but I just can't seem to get the stamping where I want it so I have decided to just use my natural nails again although the fake finger might make an appearance now and again. Anyway back to the stamping

I took Konad Plate M57 and used the lace design in the bottom left corner and stamped this over my nail using Sinful Colors Black on Black

This is the finished design


What do you think? sorry not all of my nails are painted.



Please leave any questions that you have about this or other mani's I have done in the comments box and I will answer all questions. Do you like this mani please also leave comments below, and if you have any ideas of mani's you would like to see me do in future please also put this in the comments 


Thank you for reading

Yorkshire Rose xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment