Sunday 2 March 2014

Nail Stamping with 3D Acrylic Decals

Hi There

Today I have done a stamping manicure and embellished it with some 3D acrylic nail decals

I used my usual base coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Strengthener, followed with 2 coats of my base colour Take A Trek by China Glaze (one of their holographic polishes).


I then used stamping plate M65
I used the bottom left image. I used masking tape to cover half of my nail diagonally so that only half was stamped with the image

To give the stamping a finished look I used a striping brush to put a stripe down the side of the stamping. For this I used Amazing Shine Nail Art Liner in black


I then decided to make some 3d nail decals. For this I used nail sculpting liquid, black acrylic powder and acrylic brush



You will also need a silicone 3d mold I got mine from Amazon.co.uk and the ones I got were a pack of 30 although you can buy them individually. I decided to use the bows


I dipped my bush into the sculpting liquid and the into the black acrylic powder, I then put this into the mold. I used my scraper from my stamping set to remove the excess.


I waited for this to dry. You can tell when it is dry as the design pulls away from the mold when you twist it. I then took a little topcoat and put it where I wanted my bow to go and stuck it to my nail
This is the finished design not using the flash on my camera


This is the finished design with the flash on my camera (just to show you the holographic effect)




What do you think 

Please leave any questions that you have about this technique or other mani's I have done in the comments box and I will answer all questions. Do you like this mani please also leave comments below, and if you have any ideas of mani's you would like to see me do in future please also put this in the comments 


Thank you for reading
Yorkshire Rose xx
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment