Saturday 29 March 2014

Fantastic Foil and Stamping

Hi There 

Today with the help of my fake finger I will be doing a nail foil mani with some stamping thrown in.

Firstly I painted my nail with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Ruby Rush a lovely purple colour. You don't have to do this step it just helps hide and bits you might miss when adding the foil

I then added a coat of foil glue. You only need a thin layer of the glue and it is white and does streak on your nail. It will end up looking like this 


What we need to do now is wait for the glue to go tacky when it does it goes completely clear and will look like the first picture again. Once the glue is tacky you need to take a piece of foil slightly larger than your nail, and with the patterned side facing you press it onto the nail and smooth it out with a cotton bud or orange stick etc so that the foil is smooth on your nail. Once you are happy you need to remove the foil in 1 quick motion (as if you were taking off a plaster) and this is what you will be left with



You could leave your nails like this but I decided to stamp on my nail. For this I used Mo You Salon Pro Plate IV and this image. (I got my foils from Amazon they are by Bundle Monster but there are lots of different sellers and designs out there).


I used Zoya in Laney to stamp the image twice up the nail

This is the finished design



What do you think 

Please leave any questions that you have about this or other mani's I have done in the comments box and I will answer all questions. Do you like this mani please also leave comments below, and if you have any ideas of mani's you would like to see me do in future please also put this in the comments 


Thank you for reading
Yorkshire Rose xx

No comments:

Post a Comment