Saturday 22 March 2014

Butterfly Decal & Stamping

Hi There

Today I have had a disaster :( yes my nail broke and I couldn't save it so I now have stumps for nails (cry). Not to worry though because I have my trusty fake finger on hand to help me out. I know it's not the same but it's the next best thing. Right self pity over lets get started.

I painted the nail with 2 coats of Dove by Zoya (no base coat required as not my nails)

I know it looks a bit weird but bare with me until my nails grow back. I used 2 plates for this design one from Konad which is plate M20 and one from Cheeky which is CH12

I used the butterfly design in the middle of the Konad M20 plate to do my decal. I painted 2 coats of top coat onto a plastic sheet and waited for it to dry. I then stamped the butterfly from plate M20 onto the square using Sinful Colours Black On Black.


I coloured in the butterfly using Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in I Pink I Can, Essie Turquoise & Caicos and Essie Warm Toasty Turtleneck. I then peeled the decal off the plastic, trimmed it down and whilst the paint was still tacky placed it on the nail. I did this because every time I put a top coat on first I smudge the original nail colour. I then stamped the 4 small flowers from plate CH12 onto the top and base of my nail in Sinful Colours Black on Black.

This is the finished design





What do you think 

Please leave any questions that you have about this or other mani's I have done in the comments box and I will answer all questions. Do you like this mani please also leave comments below, and if you have any ideas of mani's you would like to see me do in future please also put this in the comments 


Thank you for reading
Yorkshire Rose xx

No comments:

Post a Comment