Sunday 11 May 2014

Walk In The Woods Nail Decal

Hi There

Today I have done a walk in the woods decal manicure. I have wanted to use this plate for a long time, but couldn't think what to do with it. Let's get started

So these are the materials I used

From the left we have Revlon Chroma Chameleon (this colour doesn't have a name or number). Konad back special polish, Kleancolor Metallic Green, Revlon Colour stay in Spanish Moss, Revlon Parfumerie Collection Autumn Spice and image plate BM11. You will also need a dotting tool or detail brush.

I started off by painting my nails with my base coat Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails Strengthener followed by 1 coat of my base colour Revlon Colour stay in Spanish Moss

I then started to make my decal. I took plate BM11 and the open leaf image that you can see in the picture above and stamped it onto my stamper


You then need to colour this in. I used the smallest dotting tool I have (if you don't have a dotting tool a detail brush would work just as well). I thought this looked a bit like a tree so I coloured the middle part brown using Revlon Parfumerie Collection in Autumn Spice for the bark. I used Kleancolor Metallic Green for the leaves and I used Revlon Chroma Chameleon (purple) for the berries. 


I let the decal dry and then rolled it onto my thumb nail as if I was stamping I used a little more pressure so it is important that you base colour is completely dry so you don't smudge it, and moved slower when rolling so that I could see that the image had stuck. I then repeated the process for my ring finger and this is the result.

I really like how this turned out what do you think



Please leave any questions that you have about this or other mani's I have done in the comments box and I will answer all questions. Do you like this mani please also leave comments below, and if you have any ideas of mani's you would like to see me do in future please also put this in the comments 


Thank you for reading

Yorkshire Rose xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment