Monday 5 May 2014

Betty Boop Advanced Nail Stamping Technique

Hi There

Today I have been inspired by my Betty Boop image plate. I bought this from Mundo De Unas and the stamping quality is excellent and the size of the images are large enough to cover my whole thumbnail

Let's get started. These are the materials I used 

From left to right: Golden Rose polish in number 48, Sinful Colors in Black on Black, China Glaze Don't Be A Luna-tic (silver Holographic), Ferity Sun Vision Sun Activated Nail Polish in Angel Kiss (goes from clear in normal light to pink in the sun), Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Caramel, Sinful Colors in Snow Me White, a small dotting tool, MJXXV Plate from My Online Shop and Handy 31 Plate from Mundo De Unas.

I know I have used alot of materials but stick with me and I promise the end result will be fantastic.

I painted all my nails with my base coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Strengthener and then added 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White (you can get away with 1 as the colour is really opaque I just prefer 2 so it looks more even)


I then applied 1 coat of my Ferity Sun-Vision Sun activated Nail Polish in Angel Kiss. I chose to put this on over the white as on it's own it is clear. So I put in on top of the white to make it look opaque. This is what colour it goes in the sun


I then took my MJXXV plate and my China Glaze polish in Don't be a Luna-tic and stamped the swirly image onto my middle fingers


Sorry it isn't very clear but it does look better and the holographic really stands out in the sun.

I then took my Handy Plate 31 and stamped the image of Betty Boop in the long dress using Sinful Colors Black On Black. I took the smallest dotting tool that I had (you can also use a detail brush) and used this to colour her dress in red for this I used Golden Rose in number 48. I coloured in her skin using Barry M Matte polish in Caramel and I used 1 dot of Sinful Colors in Snow Me White for each eye. I then waited for the nail paint to dry and then rolled the image onto my middle fingers. I used Handy Plate 31 and Sinful Colors Black on Black to stamp the Betty Boop script on all my other nails.

This is the finished design

I really like this design but clever old me managed to put a great big dint in the decal nail when putting away my polishes luckily I managed to fix it (yey).

What do you think

Please leave any questions that you have about this or other mani's I have done in the comments box and I will answer all questions. Do you like this mani please also leave comments below, and if you have any ideas of mani's you would like to see me do in future please also put this in the comments 


Thank you for reading

Yorkshire Rose xx






 

2 comments:

  1. where do i buy a betty boop stamping plate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you can get it here xx

      http://www.mundodeunas.com/zz-stamping-plates

      Delete