Friday 5 June 2015

Stamping, Pigments and Gel Polish

Hi There

Hope you all have had a good day. Today in Yorkshire it has been the first day of summer it has been hot and sunny so I wanted to do some nail art.

I decided to use pigments and polish and stamping to make some summery nails

These are the materials I used for the design

From left to right I used my creative shop stamper and scraper, Seche Vite top coat, Kiko black polish number 275, Gelish Top It Off, Gelish gel polish in One Cool Cat, Gelish gel polish in You Glare, I Glow, Gelish gel polish in Sea Foam, Gelish gel polish in Arctic Freeze, Gelish gel polish in My Carriage Awaits, Uber Chic plates 1-01, 1-02, 1-03, 2-03 and pigments in colours Neon Orange, Neon Green, Neon Yellow, Neon Pink and Neon Blue 

I first started by creating acrylic nails on my nail trainer I went for a coffin shape

Next I painted all the nails a different colour I painted my thumb in Gelish polish Sea Foam, My index finger I painted in Gelish My Carriage Awaits. My middle finger I painted with Gelish You Glare I Glow, my ring finger I painted with Gelish One Cool Cat and the little finger I painted using Gelish in Arctic Freeze

As you can see the colours aren't exactly neon so I took my neon pigments and went over each colour with them as the polish was gel I left the tacky layer on the polish and took a soft brush and dabbed it in the neon pigment and then patted it onto the relevant nail. I used neon green on the thumb, neon orange on the index finger, neon pink on the middle finger, neon blue on the ring finger and neon yellow on the little finger.
I then top coated all the nails with Gelish Top It Off to seal in the pigments


Now I get to play with the stamping. I used Uber Chic Plate 1-03 on my thumb and stamped using KIko black polish number 275 and used the image of the large open flower. For my index finger I used black Kiko polish and Uber Chic plate 1-01, I used the leafy pattern. For my middle finger I used Kiko black polish  and Uber Chic Plate 1-02 and I used the image of the rose. For my middle finger I used black Kiko polish and Uber Chic plate 2-03 I used the image of the palm trees. For my little finger I used black Kiko polish and Uber Chic plate 1-01 and used the line with the heart on it . When the design was dry I top coated it using Seche Vite.This is the finished design


 What do you think I think the colours are very summery and the stamping plates stamp excellently. One reason why I used these plates is that I had bought them and had never gotten around to trying them but I am very happy with the result.

Thanks for Reading

Yvonne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment