Monday 22 June 2015

She-Ra Decal, Stamping and Smooshing Design

Hi There

Today I would like to dedicate this design to my sister as we both loved She-Ra when we were younger and we love her even more now lol.

Let's get started

Here are the materials I used

From left to right China Glaze Wanderlust, OPI Just Can't Cope-acabana, Kiko black polish 275, OPI You're So Vanilla, Avon Metallics Gold Leaf, Avon Metallics Platinum Petal, Avon Metallics Arctic Steel OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Fashion A Bow, Morgan Taylor Fame Game, China Glaze Boho Blues, ASP Wow It's Dry Top Coat, Sugar Bubbles SB017 nail plate and Uber Chic 3-03 plate. I also used my Fab Ur Nail stamper and my Creative Shop Stamper.

I started by painting all the nails white using OPI Alpine Snow

Next I took a piece of scrap paper and my China Glaze Boho Blues and China Glaze Wanderlust and put a few drops of each on the piece of paper I then took my stamper and smooshed it into the poishes and then immediately stamped it onto the nails. I did this on all the nails I kept smooshing until I was happy with the design and it looked like this

I then took my Morgan Taylor Fame Game and went over all the nails with a very light coat as it is glittery and I didn't want to loose the design I had just done. I then used ASP Wow it's Dry Top Coat to smooth everything out and protect the design.

Now for the stamping I took my Uber Chic 3-03 and stamped the image of the dots onto all the fingers except the ring finger using Avon Metallics in Platinum Petal. I then used the Uber Chic 3-03 plate again and Avon Metallics in Arctic Steel to stamp the corner stripes onto the ring finger.

Now I stamped the image of She-Ra onto my stamper using Kiko black polish in 275. I had to shrink the image as the original was too large for the nail

I coloured her in using OPI You're So Vanilla for the skin, OPI Just Can't Cope-acabana for her hair, OPI alpine Snow and Avon Metallics in Gold Leaf for her clothes and OPI Fashion A Bow for the ruby in her head dress. When this was dry I stamped it onto the ring finger over the stripes and this is the fininshed result

I hope you like the design as much as I do

Thank You for reading
Yvonne xx








 

No comments:

Post a Comment