Saturday 20 June 2015

Tank Girl Stamping

Hi There 

I just got my delivery from Rainbow Connection and this idea had already popped into my mind when I saw the plate. Tank Girl Camoflage nails.

Let's get started I hope you enjoy.

Here are the materials I used 
From left to right OPI Matte Top Coat, OPI You're So Vanilla, Kiko Black 275, OPI Christmas Gone Plaid, Mundo Da Unas Neon Pink (29), Ruby Wing Kitten Heels, Fab Ur Nails Stamper, Creative Shop Stamper and Scraper, OPI Alpine Snow, ASP Wow It's Dry Top Coat, Sugar Bubbles Plate SB017 and Fab Ur Nails Fun 19 plate.

Let's get into the design

First of all I painted all the nails with 2 coats of OPI's You're So Vanilla

 When dry I Stamped using Fab Ur Nails Plate Fun 19 and OPI Christmas Gone Plaid and used the camoflage image on the top right of the plate. It looked like this

I then used the same image but I used Kiko black polish 275. I turned the image upside down as not to cover the green, you should now have something like this.
Next I used ASP Wow It's Dry Top Coat to protect the stamping underneath. I now did the decal using Sugar Bubbles plate SB017 and I used the image of Tank Girl. I coloured her in using OPI You're So Vanilla for the skin, Ruby Wing Kitten Heels for her hair and OPI Alpine snow for the cigarette this is what it looked like on the stamper

I had to shrink the image as it was too big for the nail.

Whilst the decal was drying, I used Mundo Da Unas Neon Pink (29) to stamp the words Tank Girl on the ring finger using Sugar Bubbles SB017 plate again.


 Now that the decal was dry I stamped the  decal onto the middle nail


Finally I wanted to do a matte top coat but as most of you know they tend to smudge the stamped design so I top coated my design with ASP Wow It's Dry Top Coat first and then when this was dry I went over with OPI Matte Top Coat.

This is the finished design, I love this as I was a child that grew up in the 80s and when I first saw this film I was in love with it immediately. Hope you like the design as much as I do

 Thanks For Reading 
Yvonne xx




No comments:

Post a Comment