Tuesday 6 January 2015

Geisha Girl Advanced Stamping Technique With Pink Gradient

Hi There

Welcome to my first post of 2015 hope you all had a lovely holiday whatever you were doing. As everybody has been doing Christmas and winter themed nails for the whole of December I thought I would do something a bit different. I have therefore done a pink gradient mani using the advanced stamping technique and have also used some nail stickers

Let's get started
Here are the materials I have used 

From left to right China Glaze Giver Collection in Friends Forever Right?, China Glaze from the Road Trip Collection I Brake For Colour, China Glaze from the Road Trip Collection Pinking Out The Window, Kiko Black 275, China Glaze The Hunger Games Collection Fast Track, China Glaze Giver Collection Seeing Red, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Dappen dish filled with water, Tweezers, Dotting Tool, Chez-Delany Nail Plate Asiatique 002 and Nail Stickers

For this design I will be using plastic nails as I do all my practising on these and it is too late tonight to do the design on my natural nails. I haven't used a base coat because of this but I would recommend that you use one if you do any design on your natural nails.

So to start I painted all my nails with 1 coat of China Glaze Friends Forever Right? from the Giver Collection

I then created a circular gradient using China Glaze Friends Forever Right? in the centre. I used China Glaze Peeking Out The Window next and for the outer ring I used I Brake For Colour. I did this on my index and ring fingers

Next I did a normal gradient using the same colours from China Glaze, Friends Forever Right? Peeking Out The Window and I Brake For Colour. I did this on my middle and little fingers.

I put a topcoat on both sets of gradients to smooth out the gradient. and then started on my decals. I took my Chez-Delany Asiatique 002 plate and my Kiko Black 275 polish and stamped the image if the Geisha with the parasol. I then took Sinful Colors Snow Me White, China Glaze Fast Track and China Glaze Seeing red and coloured in the decal using my dotting tool.

When the design was touch dry I stamped the image onto the fingers with the circular gradient. 

 
Next I took my nail stickers and placed them into a dappen dish filled with water

After about 10 seconds I removed them from the water and took them off the backing paper and stuck them to my little and middle fingers which had a normal gradient.

This is the finished design

I hope you like my design as much as I do

Thank you for reading

Yorkshire Rose xx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment