Saturday 10 January 2015

Little Mermaid Nail Stamping

Hi There

Today I have used some foils that I bought from Born Pretty Store and various stamping plates to achieve today's look.

Let's get started. Here are the materials I used 


As you can't see the plates very well in the first photo I decided to do another photo of just the plates that I used.
I will start with the top photo first from left to right
China Glaze Boho Blues, China Glaze Sun's Up Top Down, Nail Foil from Born Pretty Store, Foil Glue, China Glaze Pop The Trunk, OPI You're So Vanilla, China Glaze Capacity To See Beyond, Kiko 275 Black, China Glaze Exotic Encounters, China Glaze Fairy Dust, China Glaze Licence & Registration Please and China Glaze Adventure Red-y. Now The Nail Plates
My Online Shop Plate MJ Special Edition, Mo You London Sailor Collection 04, Mo You London Fairytale Collection 09 and Mo You London Festive Collection 17.

I painted all of my nails with China Glaze Capacity To See Beyond


I then added glitter to the middle two fingers using China Glaze Fairy Dust

I had to take this picture with a flash so you can see the glitter as it is very subtle
Next I applied foil glue to my index and little fingers and when this was tacky I stuck on my nail foils

 I thought that the lines on the foil looked like the tentacles of Ursula the evil octopus in the little mermaid and then I remembered that she stole Ariel's voice so I took Mo You London Plates Fairytale 09 and Mo You London Festive Plate 17 and stamped the musical notes from these 2 plates onto the foils using Kiko Black 275 polish

Now I took my Mo You London Sailor 04 plate and stamped the seaweed onto my middle and ring fingers

I next created a decal of Ariel using plate MJ Special Edition from My Online Shop and Kiko Black 275. I coloured the decal in using China Glaze Exotic Encounters for her eyes, OPI You're So Vanilla for her skin and Pop The Trunk for her hair

Next I created a decal of Flounder, again I used my MJ Special Edition Plate from My Online Shop and the colours I used were Kiko Black 275, China Glaze Sun's Up Top Down for his body, China Glaze Bo Ho Blues and China Glaze Licence & Registration Please for his stripes and Adventure Red-y for his mouth. I also used Licence & Registration Please for his eyes


When they were dry I stamped Ariel onto my ring finger and Flounder onto my middle finger 
This is the finished design

As these nails are plastic I haven't top coated them but I have found that if you want to top coat your nail foils the best thing to use is a gel top coat as this doesn't damage the foil like normal topcoat

Thank you for reading

Yorkshire Rose xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment