Saturday 17 January 2015

Steampunk Nails

Hi There

Today I am going to do a steampunk design and I was inspired by Absolute Nails on You Tube. If you have time check her out she is excellent. I have done a different design to fit around what I have to play with.

Let's get started
Here are the materials I used 


From left to right China Glaze Community, Avon Metallics Gold Leaf, Revlon Parfumerie Chocolate Truffle, Gold Foil, Foil Glue, Micro Glitter Powder in Coffee Bean, Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat, 10g Bag of Tiny Watch Parts, Mo You Gothic 07 plate and Messy Mansion MM43 plate.

 I started by painting all my nails in China Glaze Community

As I was putting Gold Foil on them I started with my index and little fingers. I took my foil glue and painted it onto the nails.

As you can see from the picture this sends the nail a milky blue colour but it does dry clear. I then took the Gold Foil and rubbed it over the glue and this was the finished result

With these nails done I moved on to my middle finger. I painted my nail with one coat of Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat and then dipped the nail into the Micro Glitter Powder in Coffee Bean. The colour is beautifully glittery but unfortunately as usual we are having typical British weather and it is dull and raining so you can't see the beauty of the glitter

Next I took Mo You London Gothic Plate 07 and stamped the steampunk image of the clock onto my index and little fingers using Revlon Parfumerie in ChocolateTruffle


I then used Messy Mansion Plate MM43 and stamped the image of the cogs across the top of the nail on a slant  using Avon Metallics in Gold Leaf and then added some of the Tiny Watch Pieces along the edge which I love


The design is now complete here are all the nails together in the finished design


I hope you like this design as much as I do

Thank you for reading

Yorkshire Rose  xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment