Wednesday 3 December 2014

Olaf Winter/Christmas Nails With Stamping

Hi There

Today I am doing an Olaf themed mani from the film Frozen. For some reason I have had the song he sings (In Summer) from the film in my head so I thought I would do my interpretation of it on my nails. Now unfortunately my nail broke really low down so I only have little stubs at the moment so I used nail pops instead.

Let's get started

Here are the materials used

I know that there are alot of things that I used but it will be worth it in the end. I will start with the polishes. OPI Orange You Stylish, OPI Just Can't Cope-Acabana, China Glaze Capacity To See Beyond, Kleancolor Neon Aqua, Mundo De Unas Purple (21), Mundo De Unas Green (8), China Glaze Fairy Dust, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Kiko Black 275, Stratos Blue Micro Glitter Powder, 1.5mm Pearls, Star Shaped Glitter, Dotting Tool, Paint Brush, Nail plates Bundle Monster BM-H02, My Online Shop JR-11, Vivid Lacquer VL019, DRK plate DRK XL Designer 1, Mo You London Festive Collection 01. I also used a makeup sponge. 

Now onto the design

I started with my little finger and painted it with 2 coats of China Glaze Capacity To See Beyond from The Giver Collection

Next I top coated this and dipped it straight into the Stratos Blue Micro Glitter Powder, I then removed it and used a dry brush to remove the excess glitter.

I finally added some glitter stars to the nail and this is the little finger finished.

Now I moved onto my index (pointer) finger and again painted it it with 2 coats of China Glaze Capacity To See Beyond from The Giver Collection

I then added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust

Next I took my Bundle Monster BM-H02 plate and stamped the snowflakes over the nail using Sinful Colors Snow Me White I then added a 1.5mm pearl to the largest snowflake and this is the index finger completed.

We can now move on to our middle finger. I started by making a gradient on my finger but instead of it going up and down I made it a circle. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the Centre , China Glaze Capacity to see beyond next and on the very outside Kleancolor Neon Aqua (I don't think it is a neon colour). I then added a coat of China Glaze Fairy dust and then top coated ready for stamping.

I took my My Online Shop plate JR-11 and stamped the image of Olaf using Kiko Black polish in 275. I then used a dotting tool and a small brush(for the hard to reach places) and coloured in the image using Kiko Black 275, Sinful Colors Snow Me White and OPI Orange You Stylish. I then stamped this onto the nail and used Mo You London Festive Plate 01 to add a few snowflakes above Olaf's head. Here is the finished middle finger design

Last finger now is the ring finger and this is the nail that relates to the song In Summer from the Frozen film. I started by doing a gradient on my nails in the circle pattern again like I did with the middle finger but using Sinful Colors Snow Me White in the centre, OPI  Just Can't Cope-Acabana next and the outer edge I used Orange You Stylish

I next made another decal using My Online Shop plate JR-11 using the Olaf image and colours Kiko Black 275 Sinful Colors Snow Me White and OPI Orange You Stylish. I then stamped this on my nail

As this is the summer nail I used my Vivid Lacquer plate VL019 and my Mundo De Unas Green (8) stamping polish and stamped the image of the grass across the bottom of the nail. I then used DRK XL Designer 1 plate and my Mundo De Unas polish in Purple (21) and stamped some flowers down the left hand side of the nail, finally I used the same plate again the DRK XL Designer plate 1 and Kiko Black 275 and stamped a butterfly on the top right on the nail. Here is the finished ring finger design

I think that if I did this design again I would leave out the butterfly (we live and learn). Here is an image of all the nails we have created. I haven't done the thumb because I would do the same design on my thumb as I did on my middle finger.

 Index finger Middle finger Ring finger Little finger

I love this design partly because it's my favourite film at the minute and partly because I love Olaf. What do you think

Thank you for reading 
Yorkshire Rose xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment