Saturday 22 November 2014

Gold Foil & Stamping

Hi There

Today I received my new stamping plates from Fab Ur Nails, the one I am using was sent to me by Kelly Norris thank you Kelly for the lovely plates. I saw the image on this plate and thought it would look nice with gold foil underneath it.

Let's get started here are the materials I used

So from left to right as always Kiko black in 275, China Glaze Fast Track from the Hunger Games Collection, Nail Foil Adhesive (I got mine from dollar nail art when I made a purchase of 80 nail foils), Nail Foil (I got this particular foil from Wilkinson's) and Fab Ur Nails plate Fun 6

Here are the materials that I used that are optional

I used an LED gel lamp, Sensationail gel base and topcoat and Sensationail gel cleanser. I used these because I find that normal top coat wrinkles my foil and I have found that this doesn't happen with gel top coat. As I said above these are optional and if you don't have these it isn't a problem.

The first step was to paint all my nails with my base coat OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener and then I followed this with 2 coats of China Glaze Fast Track (this is just in case I miss a bit of foil you won't be able to see the bald patches as the nail colour below matches the foil)

Next I started with my thumb and put the nail foil glue all over my nail. The glue goes on as a milky blue colour and dries clear. Then I placed the foil over my nail and rubbed it with my finger and an orange wood stick and then pulled off the excess

Continue to do this with all your nails and they should look something like this

I have taken a blurred close up of the foil so you can see how sparkly it is 

Next I stamped using plate Fun 6 from Fab Ur Nails and the image with 3 flowers on it I stamped the design on all of my fingers using Kiko Black 275

Here is the finished design

I really like this design but I did need to shrink the image so that it fit on my fingers as they are quite small. The image was ok on my thumbs as they are quite big.
I have to add that the foils are an essence product that I bought from Wilkinson's in the UK. It came with 2 patterns the design on my nails and the design on the image at the beginning of this post of the materials that I used. The package is graffiti look 03 hello holo

I hope you like the design 

Thank you for reading

Yorkshire Rose xx

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment