Monday 22 December 2014

Galaxy Christmas Stamping Nails

Hi There

Sorry I haven't been around alot but as you can imagine I have been very busy on the build up to Christmas. I have recently got a dog and I have also been ill, I'm not fully recovered yet but I have managed to do my Christmas nails. Unfortunately I have had to do them on nail pops as my nails are very short due to a few breaks. I will be wearing false nails with this design on for Christmas and I love this design.

Lets get started 

Here are the materials I used


From left to right. Crystals (I can't remember where I got these from but they are widely available), Sinful Colors Snow Me White, China Glaze Manhunt, China Glaze Fairy Dust, China Glaze Licence & Registration Pls(from the 2015 Road Trip Collection), OPI Sorry I'm Fizzy Today (from the Coca Cola Collection), Kiko Black 275, OPI RapiDry Quick Drying Top Coat, Makeup Sponge and Nail Plates Messy Mansion MM01 and Bunny Nails HD-F.

If you are doing this on your natural nails don't forget to use a base coat, as I have used nail pops I missed this step. I did all my nails the same and painted them all blue using China Glaze Manhunt (from the On Safari Collection). I then used my OPI RapiDry Top Coat to protect the base layer if anything went wrong. It also helps you polish dry faster.

Next I tore off a piece of make up sponge and dabbed China Glaze Licence and Registration Pls (from the Road Trip 2015 Collection) onto all the nails randomly.

Now I used another piece of sponge to dab on my pink polish OPI Sorry I'm Fizzy Today

Now I tore off another piece of sponge and put Sinful Colors Snow Me White onto the sponge and dabbed this onto the nail

 
I know this looks very messy but it will look brilliant in the end. I decided that there was too much white so I went back to my first sponge and dabbed a little more of the China Glaze Licence and Registration Pls and bit of China Glaze Manhunt (the base colour) to the nail and this is how it turned out.

Although this looks nice I want it to look like a galaxy so I put a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust onto all the nails to resemble stars, and then used my OPI Rapidry Top Coat to help this dry faster as I have found that this polish takes ages to dry

So although you can't see how gorgeous this looks in person as the camera doesn't do it justice believe me it is really sparkly. Now we can start stamping. I used Messy Mansion Plate MM01 and my black Kiko polish in 275 and stamped the 3 wise men on camels on my little finger, ring finger and middle finger. I then used the same plate and my Sinful Colors Snow Me White polish to stamp the star of Bethlehem on my index finger this is what it looked like when I had finished.

Again the camera hasn't done justice to this design but I wasn't happy with the star, I thought it needed a crystal so I used a small crystal I had in my stash and popped it in the middle of the star

The last thing I did was my thumb, as I said before I painted it exactly the same as my other nails but I now used my Bunny Nails HD-F plate and the Merry Xmas slogan and used Kiko Black 275 to stamp this on my thumb. I then added a crystal above the writing to give an extra bit of sparkle. 

This is the finished design

As my camera is only my phone camera I couldn't show the sparkle and design together so I went with design as you can see the sparkle better above. This is quite a traditional design for Christmas as it's not Santa orientated or a Christmas jumper design or even candy canes, but I love it

What do you think

Thank you for reading 
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2015 
Hopefully I will be able to do a new years mani
Yorkshire Rose xx
 



 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment