Saturday 15 February 2014

Home Made Decal Stamping Mani

Hi There

Today I am so excited, I have managed to do my first ever home made decal and it looks pretty good too to say it's my first one.

To start I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails for my base coat. I then painted all my nails except the ring finger in Models Own Bubblegum(a bright matte pink colour). I painted my ring finger with Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Whilst my nails were drying I got my decal ready. I started with a sheet of plastic and made a square out of top coat big enough to cover my nail in this case my ring finger I used for this In a hurry air dry top coat(don't know what brand it is but it has a fancy A on the label)
I then left this to dry I have drawn a line around this as it is hard to see. When dry I stamped the heart image from Mo You London Pro Collection 05
I stamped this using Licorice by Essie
I then coloured in alternative hearts with a nail art brush to make a pattern using Models Own Bubblegum , I also wanted to see the background colour through the decal. Don't worry about going out of the lines you won't be able to see this on the finished decal as the hearts are a lighter colour than the background colour.

 I then put this to one side to dry. When completely dry (which doesn't take long) I used a pair of tweezers to remove the decal from the plastic and put 1 coat of top coat on my ring finger. I then placed the decal on the nail smoothing it out from the centre to make sure that there were no creases and put a coat of top coat over it. This makes the outer edges of the decal shrink. I then used a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover to clean up my cuticles. My very last step was to put a matte topcoat over all the nails.
This is the finished design

What do you think


Don't forget to leave a comment if you like this and let me know if you have any ideas that you want to see me do

Thank you for reading
Yorkshire Rose 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment